LGBTQ at UTD
The LEAP (LGBTQIA Education, Advocacy & Programming) Initiative exists to advance the mission of UT Dallas by nurturing a safe and inclusive environment that values and celebrates the sexual orientation and gender identity/expression of students, staff and faculty.
The mission is accomplished through programming, educational workshops/training, and activities that promote the exchange of ideas and greater understanding of LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Ally) issues, promote workplace equity and facilitate educational growth in a climate of mutual respect. LEAP supports LGBTQIA students, staff and faculty by:
- Observing nationally recognized days related to the LGBTQIA community.
- Advocating for friendly and inclusive policies that attract and retain talented students, staff and faculty at UT Dallas
- Educating SAFE ZONE Allies and LGBTQIA students, staff, faculty and broader community
What your support will do
As UT Dallas grows, the need for LGBTQIA-related student services and support for LGBTQIA students and allies is also increasing. Your support makes its possible for the UT Dallas Galerstein Women’s Center to continue fostering a safe and affirming environment for students of all gender identities/expressions and sexual orientations.
Your contribution will help us to:
- Advocate for gender equity and inclusive campus policies and practices
- Educate the campus and broader community on gender and LGBTQIA-related topics
- Empower LGBTQIA communities with confidence and skills for success
- Connect students, staff, faculty and community to resources, mentors, scholarships, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Honor national days of recognition and individuals who are making an impact in the lives of LGBTQIA communities
We thank you in advance for supporting such important work. Please share this campaign with your friends, colleagues, and family members.